Five Powerful Ways To Control Oily Skin & Stop Shiny Face!
Oily skin is a nightmare for both men and women. Yes, you heard, right. Men also suffer from oily, acne-prone skin but are too shy to talk about it.
Generally, oily skin and acneare seen as women’s troubles by society. However, this problem plagues one and all.
Dealing with oily skin can be absolutely frustrating, especially if you are not aware of the correct skincare regimen.
So, if you have been looking for a solution for your oily skin, you have come to the right place. We will be talking about some natural tips that you can try out at home to tackle this issue.
1. Green Tea
The numerous health benefits of green tea is a known secret to everyone. If you have green tea bags at home, don’t dump them in the trash straight-away.
Refrigerate the used tea bags for a while and dab them all over your face.
Leave the residual liquid on the skin for 30 mins, before rinsing them off. The polyphenols in the green tea will lessen sebum production and treat acne at the same time.
2. Oatmeal and Honey
Two common household ingredients will bring forth one effective solution for oily skin. Take ½ tbsp of ground oatmeal and mix it with warm water to make a paste.
Then mix 1 tbsp of honey to the oatmeal paste and apply it all over your face. Leave the face pack for 20 to 30 mins before washing it off with plain water.
While the honey acts as a natural humectant, oatmeal helps in controlling the amount of sebum produced by the skin.
Both these ingredients together help in preventing acne and moisturizes and cleanses the skin naturally.
3. Lemon Juice and Baking Soda
This natural exfoliating paste is gentle on the skin and helps in controlling the oil on your face.
Take the juice of one whole lime or ½ a lemon in a bowl. Mix it with baking soda to make a paste.
Ensure that the consistency of the paste is not too thick for the easy application on your face.
Apply the face pack and leave it for about 20 mins. Clean it with cold water.
If you have sensitive, oily skin, just replace the baking soda with glycerin.
Lemon juice is rich in citric acid, which not only lowers sebum production but also shrinks the pores of your skin.
Apart from this, the antibacterial properties of lemon help in killing acne-causing bacteria.
4. Egg Mask
The most effective natural remedies, unexpectedly, are created with ingredients easily available at homes.
The egg mask is no different. For making this mask, you will need just two things: an egg and a cotton ball.
Separate the yellow of the egg from the white and whisk it properly. Apply it to your face with a cotton ball.
Leave the mask for half an hour on your face before rinsing it off with plain water. The egg mask will control excessive oil formation, boost collagen production, and reduce acne.
5. Aloe Vera
Thanks to its moisturizing and astringent properties, Aloe Vera has been long praised for being an effective oily skincare solution.
Aloe Vera gel helps in shrinking the pores, which, in turn, controls the amount of oil released by our skin.
You can make a simple Aloe Vera gel mask at home to reap its benefits.
Apply Aloe Vera gel on your face. Keep it on for about 30 mins and then wash it off with water. Integrate this step in your daily skincare routine to get rid of oily, greasy skin.
Basic Skin Care Mistakes to Avoid
Oily skin is a common problem among men of all ages. It can be handled quite easily if you know what to do and what not to do.
Now that we have explored some simple natural remedies, let’s see some of the common mistakes one should avoid.
- Avoid excessively washing or exfoliating your face: Washing your face too often will make your skin more dry. This will prompt the sebaceous glands to produce more oil to fulfill the inadequacies.
- Not using a face wash for oily skin: Combination skin and oily skin are quite different. So, it’s best to use skincare products that have been manufactured especially for countering oily skin problems.
- Skipping moisturizer for oily skin after cleaning the face: Just because you have oily skin, does not mean that it is hydrated. Oily skin does not necessarily have to be hydrated. So, use a light-weight water-based moisturizer for oily skin after cleansing your face.
- Eating greasy and fried food: What you put in your body will show on the outside—the best way to control oily skin to maintain a healthy diet. Avoiding oily, fried food will help in reducing sebum production.
- Not drinking enough water: Last but not the least, there is no alternative to staying hydrated. Drinking is the simplest and easiest way of controlling oil production. Not drinking enough water can make your skin dry. So, if you are someone who does not drink enough water, this might be the reason as to why.
Oil is a natural part of the skin and helps it to stay hydrated. Issues come up when the delicate balance is disturbed, and our sebaceous glands produce excess oil leading to acne formation.
Managing oily skin is a battle that can be won if you. Whether you resort to natural remedies or use the best face wash for oily skin is your choice.
Just make sure that you do it right and at regular intervals to counter oily skin.