10 Best Summer Fragrances For Gentlemen
Everything You Need To Know About Your Summer Fragrance
One of the most underrated additions to your outfit ensemble is the fragrance you choose to wear. Fragrances are very important and act as a catalyst for how you present yourself. Light and tropical fragrances are preferred in summers, but these are changing times.
One must have complete freedom to choose what goes right with them.
But how? The wrong scent can alter moods or trigger memories and make you a misfit amongst the people you are hanging out with. You cannot wear a particular scent all year round!
The Difference Between Summer And Winter Fragrances
Summers are a time for fun and frolic, and your fragrance should complement your activities and lifestyle. The temperatures highly affect the longevity of the odor.
Heat can make the smell evaporate or venture further; thus, winter and summer scents should be chosen correctly.
The sunny season calls for a light and refreshing fragrance, while the wintertime requires a rich and warm scent. A powerful scent can be too overpowering in summers so choose something floral, airy ranging from jasmine, citrus, green teas, and so on.
How To Choose The Perfect Fragrance
Not a lot of men pay attention to the scents they choose and end up using ones that do not compliment them or their surroundings. Here are a few tips for choosing the right fragrance next time-
1. You should not judge the fragrance by its price. A low price does not ensure a low quality. Many times, the price depends on marketing, brand design, or concentration of oils.
2. Haste means waste. Take enough time to select the scent. Apply it on your skin and try to walk through the day with it. You need a scent that smells well and goes excellent on your skin.
3. Drop the gender norms. The perfect summer fragrance does not have to be necessarily masculine. A lot of times, perfumes enlisted under feminine categories are suited to men too.
4. You can prepare a prior mental note on the scents or fragrances you prefer. Your nose tires after smelling 3-5 fragrances, thus this helps in limiting the guesswork and deciding what you need.
5. Every year around 2500 new fragrance derivatives are introduced in the market. Read about them, look at what you think is the most crucial for you.
6. The longevity and power of perfume/fragrance are not the only characteristics to judge its overall performance. See how it plays out with your skin too.
7. The other products of your grooming regime may have a fragrance that might distort your chosen fragrance. Try to use products that do not have any smell.
8. Your summer scent is one that also goes with your personality. You need to look for scents according to your needs. Do you intend to wear it rarely, for multiple times, or parties?
Which Scents Should You Avoid Using In Summers?
Floral fragrances are considered a match for the heat, but there are some you should avoid. Do not use sweet pale aromas, heavy floral varieties, vanilla fragrances, sugary essences, patchouli, or rich orientals.
How To Make Your Summer Fragrances Last Longer In The Heat
The fragrance might evaporate quickly due to the heat in summers. What helps in keeping it on longer is using a body lotion or oil before applying the perfume but do not exaggerate it.
Try to use unscented lotions or soaps so that your fragrance does not need to compete or is suppressed by them.
Some Popular Scent Notes For This Summer
- Citrus and other fruits
Some of the fragrances that we recommend for men in summers are Montblanc Individual, Acqua Di Parma Blu Mediterraneo, Creed Aventus, Tom Ford Neroli Portofino, Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Pour Homme, Floris London Bergamotto Di Positano, Atelier Cologne Clementine California, Nishane Cologne Extrait de Cologne, Versace Man Eau Fraiche, Versace Man Eau Fraiche.
These are the fundamental tips and suggestions you should consider to enjoy a refreshing summer look!